WORK AT EDEN VILLAGE CAMP 2017!
Do you love having fun? Are you into farming and the local, organic food movement? Are you into love? Are you into being a Jewish mentor? Are you into nature, hiking, survival skills, singing, guiding, creating, innovating, hanging with kids, crafting, homestead skills-ing, goating, playing and having the best summer of your life? Then, have we got a place for you!
There are a few things you should know right off the bat!
- Our intensive staff training/staff bonding program goes from June 18th to June 25th. It is mandatory.
- Camp runs from June 26th to August 20th. All Staff must be committed to the full summer experience!
- This is an intense job focused on children with long hours and limited privacy! It is a full on communal experience where we impact the world and children’s lives in a big way! Join us!
- Must at least be entering 12th grade to be a paid staff member. Rising 11th graders are eligible for our Anafim Quest Program.
- Be a hero! Provide our campers with hope wherever they need it! Simply being at camp this summer does not make you a hero; it is a choice you will have to make on a daily and hourly basis.
- Practice awareness at all times, not only of ourselves and our actions, but of safety, punctuality, campers’ energy level, and our campers’ and coworker’s needs.
- Campers are our priority. This means making sure campers are fed before you eat, that activities are geared to the campers’ enjoyment over your own, and your personal life is set aside while working with campers. Staff put the needs of the campers ahead of their own – for 9 weeks, 6 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Practice clean communication. If you have a problem with someone, you go directly to that person and share what happened, how you’re feeling and what you’re wanting.
Camp is currently hiring for: Counselors, Tribe Leaders (Unit Heads), ANAFIM Leaders, TAP leaders, Lev Squad (Camper Care Team), Summer Assistant Director, Assistant Program Director, Yahadut Specialists, Art Specialists, Music Specialists, Survival Skills Specialists, Herbal Specialists, Lifeguards, Photographer, Office Staff, Camp Driver, Dining Hall Manager, Nurses, Camper Shadow.
*New position for Eden’s returning staff: Torn between working with kids and getting your hands dirty as a farmer? Eden Village is offering all returning staff to join camp as a Shomer, a summer long program where you split your time between working with a bunk and working on the farm. In the morning and evenings you would be working in a bunk, creating strong relationships with campers, then spend your days in the dirt, learning how to cultivate veggies, take care of animals, and teach about it all. This position starts May 27th to include farm training. The positions are replacing the Summer Farm Apprenticeship and are super limited, so apply today!
Think this could be you? (YES? YES! We knew it!)
Join our full-time team! Eden Village is currently hiring for some awesome year-round positions. Learn more…
**International Staff** If you are not a US citizen, you can still apply for a position at Eden Village. You do not need to apply through a staffing agency. If you are hired to work at camp, we will work with an agency to get you your visa for the Summer.
All staff receive the following benefits: on-site housing; three organic, made-from-scratch meals a day; access to campus Wifi, staff phone lines, and computers; laundry service; and are covered by comprehensive worker’s compensation insurance.
Eden Village Camp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.