Work on the Farm at Eden Village!
Farm Educator Apprenticeship
This is a paid 6 month apprenticeship for young adults seeking hands-on experience. In the Spring build your knowledge and skills in agriculture, farm-based education and Jewish community. In the Summer, work at our 8-week intensive summer camp as Jewish Farm Educators. In the fall, take ownership and integrate your new skills by diving deeper into independent projects. Live on-site at our beautiful camp, one hour north of New York City.
- Explore our website thoroughly to get more information about our farm and camp at Eden Village Camp.
- More questions? Explore our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) guide.
Full Season Apprenticeship:
Start Date: Tuesday, April 12th, 2016
End Date: Mid-October 2016
How You’ll Grow
By joining the farm staff at Eden Village, apprentices will hold two main responsibilities – tending our growing spaces and educating in all of our programming through the spring, summer and fall. We offer a plethora of opportunities to develop yourself. We require active participation and a desire to know.
Gain Practical skills such as
- Jewish Farm-Based Education Training
- Sustainable Agriculture Training
- DIY and Practical Skill-Building
- Jewish Community Living
Apprentices will have an opportunity to dive deeper into our four focus areas: perennials, annuals, animals, and educational gardens. In these areas apprentices will gain a deeper understanding of certain aspects of farming and will take on leadership and special projects to booster their learning and the learning of campers and program participants.
- Annuals – vegetable production spaces.
- Animals – goats, chicken, baby chick, and bee care.
- Perennials – organic orchard, edible forest, and medicinal herb spaces.
- Educational Gardens – Gardens in and around the farm that are used as teaching tools such as the Pe’ah Garden, the Calendar Garden, herb gardens, the Dye Garden, the Wheat Square, and the Edible Forest Garden.
Who You Are
Extensive experience is not necessary. Farming and education is a continuous learning process, but experimental curiosity is required.
Apprentices receive full room and board for the duration of the program, as well as a modest stipend.
Download our Frequently Asked Questions guide to learn more.
For all other questions, contact our Farm Director at email@example.com.