Work on the Farm at Eden Village!
Farm Educator Apprenticeship
This is a paid 6 month apprenticeship for young adults seeking hands-on experience. In the Spring, build your knowledge and skills in agriculture, farm-based education and Jewish community. In the Summer, work at our 8-week intensive summer camp as Jewish Farm Educators. In the fall, take ownership and integrate your new skills by diving deeper into group-guided projects. Live on-site at our beautiful camp, one hour north of New York City.
- Explore our website thoroughly to get more information about our farm and camp at Eden Village Camp.
- More questions? Explore our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) guide.
Full Season Apprenticeship:
Start Date: Wednesday, April 19th, 2017
End Date: Thursday, October 19th, 2017
How You’ll Grow
By joining the farm staff at Eden Village, apprentices will be farmers, tending to our multiple growing spaces as well as lead educators for our spring, summer, and fall programs. We offer a plethora of opportunities to develop skills on a professional and personal level. We require active and curious participation.
Gain Practical skills such as:
- Jewish Farm-Based Education Training
- Sustainable Agriculture Training
- DIY and Practical Skill-Building
- Jewish Community Living
Apprentices will have an opportunity to dive deeply into our four focus areas: perennial, annual, and educational gardens as well as animal care. This will allow them to develop their abilities as farmers and educators.
- Annuals – vegetable production spaces.
- Animals – goats, chicken, pigs and bee care.
- Perennials – organic orchard, edible forest garden, and medicinal herb spaces.
- Educational Gardens – Gardens in and around the farm that are used as teaching tools such as the Pe’ah Garden, Calendar Garden, Dye Garden, Wheat Square, Edible Forest Garden, and multiple herb gardens.
Who You Are
Extensive experience is not necessary. Farming and education is a continuous learning process, but experimental curiosity is required.
Apprentices receive full room and board for the duration of the program, as well as a modest stipend.
Download our Frequently Asked Questions guide to learn more.
For all other questions, contact our Farm Director at email@example.com.