Farm Educator Apprenticeship
Come, join the 2018 Farm Educator Apprentice Team at Eden Village Camp!
This is a 6-month, live-in program for young adults looking to learn skills in farming and Jewish experiential education! Apprentices will live and eat at our beautiful camp, which is in the heart of the Hudson Valley and just one hour north of New York City.
- Explore our website thoroughly to get more information about our farm and camp at Eden Village Camp.
- For more details about the apprenticeship, explore our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) guide.
Full Season Apprenticeship:
Start Date: Wednesday, April 18th, 2018
End Date: Thursday, October 18th, 2018
How You’ll Grow
By joining the farm staff at Eden Village, apprentices will be farmers, tending to our multiple growing spaces as well as lead educators for our spring, summer, and fall programs. We offer a plethora of opportunities to develop skills on a professional and personal level. We require active and curious participation.
Gain Practical skills such as:
- Jewish Farm-Based Education Training
- Sustainable Agriculture Training
- DIY and Practical Skill-Building
- Jewish Community Living
Apprentices will have an opportunity to dive deeply into our four focus areas: perennial, annual, and educational gardens as well as animal care. This will allow them to develop their abilities as farmers and educators.
- Annuals – vegetable production spaces.
- Animals – goats, chicken, pigs and bee care.
- Perennials – organic orchard, edible forest garden, and medicinal herb spaces.
- Educational Gardens – Gardens in and around the farm that are used as teaching tools such as the Pe’ah Garden, Calendar Garden, Dye Garden, Wheat Square, Edible Forest Garden, and multiple herb gardens.
Who You Are
Extensive experience is not necessary as farming and teaching are continuous learning processed. Experimental curiosity is, however, required.
Apprentices receive full room and board for the duration of the program, as well as a modest stipend.
Download our Farm Educator Apprenticeship FAQ 2018 guide to learn more.
For all other questions, contact our Farm Director at email@example.com.