Working at camp is a transformative experience in which staff members develop leadership skills as they create radically inclusive and loving community for campers and staff alike.
working at eden village
- Staff Training
- On Your Resume
Eden Village staff work hard and play hard. Every position at camp gives so much to the community and receives so much from the community! We make sure that every day is filled with meaningful friendships, fun activities, and opportunities for self-care. Here are some of the epic opportunities we offer our staff each summer:
- All-day staff snack room and night-time cafe.
- Staff lounge with couches, games, sound-proof phone booths, and AC
- Quiet work room
- Opportunities to participate in camp activities such as Boating, Rock Climbing, bonfires, musical instruments, and so much more!
- Free vouchers for the local ice cream shop, pizza shop, and nearby lake beach
- Nighttime Staff Fun such as soccer tournaments, pool parties, bonfires, open mics, and more!
- Camp cars available for group outings during time off
- Daily shuttles to and from the train station (takes you directly into New York City in ~1 hour)
Our mandatory Staff Training provides staff with relevant skills they can use for the rest of their lives! From team bonding to world-building to skill-learning trainings, Staff Training is a transformative and exciting experience for all of our staff. The following are some, but not all, of our valuable trainings:
- Socialization Cycles: Understanding how we can use the model of sleepaway camp to interrupt cycles of oppression for campers and staff alike
- Gender & Sexuality: Learning inclusive language to de-gender our bunks so that all campers feel empowered to be their fullest selves
- Nonviolent Communication: Practicing communication rooted in compassion and a deeper understanding of our feelings and needs
- Child-Center Care Model: Learn how to connect with children through compassion, gain hands on tools, learn behavior management skills, and understand the basics of child development.
- Eco-Judaism: Diving into our ancient traditions of earth-based spirituality to create vibrant and meaningful Jewish education
Wanting to grow your skills? Working at camp will prepare you for SO many different future careers and provide personal and professional opportunities for growth. The wide range of skills and experiences you gain at camp help you stand out on a resume. Here’s how to talk about your camp job in a professional setting:
- Leadership & Visioning: Staff members work and live together for 2 months, creating an intentional community centering radical kindness to empower campers to become earth-loving, heart-grounded leaders.
- Communication & Conflict Resolution: All staff work in small teams, developing skills in communication and collaboration with coworkers and leadership staff.
- Adaptability & Problem Solving: Working at camp requires the ability to follow a complex daily schedule while being adaptable when plans change.
- Resiliency & Persistence: By the nature of caring for 200 children for 2 months, working at camp requires demanding hours and incredible resiliency
details, dates, & positions
All summer staff at Eden Village Camp are required to be at least 17 years old, provide multiple references, pass a background check, and participate in a 9-day staff training.
Questions about staffing? See our FAQ section. Still stumped?
Call us at 845-809-0080 anytime or email email@example.com with your question, we’d love to answer it!
2024 Staff Dates
6/16-6/25 Staff Training @ Camp*
8/19 Last Day of Camp
*Program Staff will be expected to attend additional pre-camp virtual trainings, and some staff may be asked to report to camp earlier (leadership, lifeguards, farm, etc)
the most unique job
Working at Eden Village is an experience of a lifetime. Our diverse staff community brings together incredible individuals behind one shared goal: creating a radically loving and kind summer experience for our campers. Every position requires a tremendous amount of energy, hard work, patience, and flexibility, and every position returns lasting memories and friendships, delicious farm-fresh food, meaningful camper mentorship, and so much more.
Know the perfect person?
Staff applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply now if you’re interested. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Eden Village provides equal opportunities without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Bunk & Program Staff
- Bunk Counselor
- Junior Staff (Rising 12th graders)
- Unit Heads / Tribe Leaders
- Gan Counselor / Early Childhood
- Adirondack Backcountry Trip Staff
- (July 25 – Aug 14)
- Culinary Arts Specialist
- Wilderness Survival Specialist
- Art Specialist
- Herbalism Specialist
- Ropes Course Specialist
- Sports Specialist
- Music Specialist
- Farm Specialist
- Woodshop Specialist
- Aquatics Director
- Kitchen Assistant Chef
- Dining Hall Manager
- Prep Cook
- Registered Nurse (3 weeks, 6 weeks, or 9 weeks)
- Nurse Assistant
- Camper Care Specialist / Social Worker
- Special Needs Counselor / Camper One-on-One
- Office Staff
Working at Eden Village Camp is a rewarding and unique experience. Each day our staff change the lives of our campers. Our staff is a strong, close-knit community who love waking up each morning at camp. If you love working with kids and being part of a team, you’ll love working at Eden Village Camp!
At a minimum you need to be 17 years old, have experience working with youth, and excited to work at camp! Many staff positions require additional certifications, training, and experience.